FrozenOYT Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dungeon Defenders

4 posters

Go down

Dungeon Defenders Empty Dungeon Defenders

Post  Skynet 13th January 2012, 10:45

Dungeon Defenders is the tower defence, character building, orc smashing, goblin beating arcade game from Trendy Entertainment. It features 4 player offline and online co-op, and also a PvP map, in case all the ‘team effort’ gets to your head. It also includes two other games modes, different from the campaign. Survival, where you repel hordes and hordes of endless waves of enemies, each wave becoming harder or harder, unless you select option where the waves are very random in difficulty. And there’s Pure Strategy, where you can ONLY use your defences, and not your own weaponry, to repel the horde.

The graphics of the game very unique, close to that of Borderland’s. It’s cartoonish look and voilence make it an excellent example of how to make an extremely addicting game available for a wide variety of ages. When I say cartoonish, I mean the game’s graphics look very hand drawn, but not in a bad way, in the sort of way when something is hand drawn, and yet still beautiful. The lighting on the wall, the cracks in the floor, they all mix together to make a perfect view for the human eye.

The audio isn’t half bad, either. The game has a series of soundtracks, 6 or 7, I think, in total. The quality is pretty much perfect, too, you can hear the blade cutting, the fireball burning and the staff casting, all as clear as day.

The gameplay, on the other hand, has it’s good and bad points too. The good points is that the game is highly addictive, it almost always leaves you wanting more, although at times you may feel that you do not want to play the game, you will eventually be tempted to give it another go one more time. Another good thing is that the game equally balances the number of NPCs in consideration of the number of real players. For example, Say if I were to be the only person playing, Round 5 would have about 500 enemies, however, if there were 4 of us, Round 5 may have 1,000 enemies, and this can be a really good feature to have when playing with some of your best friends. Now onto the bad points, the biggest of which:

Hackers. The game is filled to the brim with them, nothing of the likes of “I’m going to hack your account and steal all your details”, more like modded weaponry, modded armour, modded characters and modded pets. This can be very frustrating for new comers to the game, and is also a bummer for people who enjoy to replay the game, there’s just no fun in running into these online hooligans over and over and over.

The game can also become very boring at times, and you feel like you may have wasted your money. I have discovered this can only be temporary, but can occur for maybe a week? I strongly advise having well-known friends to play with, which will make you want to play the game more and more.

Personally, I think they may be the only bad points, feel free to comment any more of your opinions.

The game is available on the Xbox Live Marketplace for 1200 Microsoft points. A trial is also available, giving you one map to play on with friends or alone.

The game is also available on Steam.

Thanks for readin' Smile
Skynet
Skynet
Newbie on the Block
Newbie on the Block

http://levelunlocked.net

Back to top Go down

Dungeon Defenders Empty Re: Dungeon Defenders

Post  Woona 13th January 2012, 10:59

TL;DR. XD
Woona
Woona

Back to top Go down

Post  FrozenOYT 13th January 2012, 18:21

This is probably one of the best reviews we have here Smile
Keep it up ^_^
FrozenOYT
FrozenOYT
Administrator
Administrator

https://frozenoyt.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  psychoxgamer 14th January 2012, 02:30

thia well good thank you for doing a review i need some else to help do game reviews keep it up Very Happy
psychoxgamer
psychoxgamer
Newbie on the Block
Newbie on the Block

Back to top Go down

Post  Skynet 14th January 2012, 02:46

Haha, thanks for the positive feedback everybody, I recently wrote this for my gaming news & reviews site, so I thought I'd share it here Very Happy
Skynet
Skynet
Newbie on the Block
Newbie on the Block

http://levelunlocked.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum